Varieties of hosting services
A hosting service suggests stockpiling and/or sharing certain web content on a web server hosted by a web hosting company. There are various classes of hosting services utilized for different purposes, so let's study them. In that way, you can decide what you want, depending on whether you desire to establish a blog, email mailbox accounts, or to share files with friends and associates.
- File hosting: a solution furnished by various providers, which permits you to share big files. These could be disk images, films, audio files, archived documents, and so on. This service is also known as file storage, and its sole aim is to share files, since it does not support website uploading. The moment the files are uploaded, you will either receive an accidentally created download link for each of them, or you will be able to explore an index of all the files in a directory, but you will be unable to view .html or .php website files in your web browser. Free-of-charge file storage packages are frequently supported by exhibiting advertisements beside the download links, while a timer makes you await a certain period of time to perceive them. A given file can be downloaded with restricted speed. If you possess a paid file storage plan, there are no limits as to how many files you can upload/download immediately, and also there is no restriction in regard to the download speed or the file size.
These days, with the assistance of the cPanel hosting providers, "file hosting" is being renamed to the more modish "cloud hosting". This is an entirely inaccurate explanation of the actual definition of "cloud hosting". An actual cloud website hosting platform would split the workload between individual stacks of web hosting servers in a cluster, which are dedicated to serving various webspace hosting services (email, data storage, stats, DNS, databases, web hosting Control Panel, and so on.) So, the file hosting solution is just a type of a disk space hosting service, not a cloud hosting one. It's not even close.
- Image hosting: comparable with file hosting; some firms offer a hosting service for images exclusively. This hosting kind is appropriate if you wish to share a vast number of pictures with friends or associates since the service is commonly free of charge. You will obtain a random link for each pic or album and you can subsequently share this link. As with the file hosting solution, .html and .php files are not supported, so the solution cannot be utilized for websites.
- Email hosting: a service dedicated to taking care of your emails. Some suppliers provide hosting services for web pages, but do not provide an e-mail hosting service. If you wish to create a mail address with your domain name but do not wish to keep a site, then the e-mail hosting service is what you want. You can set up mailbox accounts and manage them, but there will be no hosting service for the domains. The email hosting service involves incoming POP/IMAP and outgoing SMTP mail servers.
- Video hosting: this service allows you to upload and share video clips. You can either share a link to a particular video clip, or you can embed the video clip in your site that is hosted somewhere else. The benefit of using this approach in lieu of uploading the video in a hosting account is that the video generates a certain amount of central processing unit load, so with a bunch of video files and a few hundred website visitors, you may have difficulty with your web site hosting supplies. Embedding the video will allow you to possess as many video files as you want to without hassling about system quotas.
- Web page hosting: this is the service that you need if you would like to keep a site. To some extent, it incorporates all of the aforementioned hosting categories since, along with your web sites, you can also host pictures and files, you can run databases and email aliases, upload video clips, and so on. At EZblue Software Hosting, for example, you can take a gaze at web hosting and dedicated hosting plans that enable you to get all of the aforesaid solutions in one single place. There may be restrictions based on the form of hosting solution that you've chosen - a free hosting account, a paid shared hosting package, a VPS or a dedicated server. Depending on that, your web site hosting package may be better or worse juxtaposed to the routine email/file/video/image hosting accounts that are made for particular web content only.